|Title||May 1940 Building 5 construction photos|
|Caption||May 1940 Building 5 construction photos|
These are construction progress photos of the interior of Building 5. These shots show several completed rooms including room 318B with a cold storage room beside it, a windowless stairwell, a hallway, and a bathroom. Building 5 was constructed to provide laboratory space for the Biologics Control Laboratory which was predecessor to the the National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Disease.
The contractor was the Charles H. Tompkins Company.
|Number of images||4|
|Source||Division of Space and Facility Management, Office of Research Services, NIH|
|Organizations||NIH (National Institute of Health) (1930-1947)|