Museum logo
Museum logo

Photo Record

Collection Center for Information Technology (CIT)
Title Computer data processing printouts
Caption Central data processing facility
Description In 1954 a central data processing facility was established in Office of the Director under Dr. Harold Dorn, combining EAM (punched card) equipment and biometric expertise. The biometric facility became the Biometrics Branch in the Division of Research Services in 1956. In May of 1956 the NIH Director, James A. Shannon, established a committee on electronic data processing and computers.
Credit line Courtesy of the Office of History, National Institutes of Health
Accession number 3597
Number of images 1
Catalog Number 3597
Photographer Unknown
Place Bethesda, MD
Year Range from 1960
Year Range to 1970
Organizations NIH; Division of Computer Research and Technology
Other number 3597
People Beran, Robert L.
Mumford, Devonna
Furman, Judy