|Title||NCI Frederick Cancer Research Center animal breeding buildings|
|Caption||NCI Frederick Cancer Research Center animal breeding buildings|
These are shots of Buildings 1023 and 1024 at the NCI Frederick Cancer Research Center on the Fort Detrick base. These single story, concrete buildings are used for laboratory animal breeding. In 1971 President Nixon turned a portion of the U.S. Army’s Fort Detrick over to the National Cancer Center which established the Frederick Cancer Research Center at this site and installed a contractor to run it.
These photos were probably taken in 1971 at the time NCI took over operation of certain buildings on the Fort Detrick base.
|Number of images||2|
|Source||Division of Space and Facility Management / Division of Engineering, Office of Research Services, NIH|
NIH; NCI, Frederick Cancer Research Center
American Association of Neurological Surgeons
NCI-Frederick Building 1023
NCI-Frederick Building 1024