|Object Name||Clamp, Pinch|
|Title||Arthur H. Thomas Company Pinch Clamp, No. 75|
Black metal. Handles have spring between them to automatically close clamp. Adjusting screw in handle. Large u-shaped clamp prongs.
|Caption||Arthur H. Thomas Co. Pinch Clamp, No. 75|
Patented March 26, 1946, as a "Connector for Chemical & Laboratory Tubing", by Leopold J. Schmid, Philadelphia, PA. Patent was assigned to the Arthur H. Thomas Co. Application for the patent was made originally October 13, 1942.
From the "Scientific Apparatus and Reagents, Catalog 61," Arthur H. Thomas Co., 1961, page 253: "For use on either ball-and-socket or Corning O-Ring glass joints. Of brass, with smooth black, corrosion resistant finish, and with strong, spring closed, forked jaws. Clamps can be quickly attached. When pressure is released, the two parts are held securely by the spring."
|Other Name||Hand-operated adjustable clamp|
|Number of images||1|
|NIH Property #||none|
|Old NIH Property #||none|
Schmid, Leopold J.