|Object Name||Form, Crown|
|Title||L.D. Caulk Co. Synthetic Crown Forms|
Cardboard box with paper label that reads "Caulk Synthetic Crown Forms (Patented July 1911). This assortment consists of: Cuspid (R-60, L-60), Centrals (R-...2-4, L-...2-4), Laterals (R30-32-34, L30-32-34), The L.D. Caulk Company, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Huntington, WV, Milford, Delaware."
A tray slides out. Synthetic teeth moulds are inside, some with tags identifying them. The moulds are yellow.
|Date||early 20th century|
|Collection||H. Trendley Dean Collection|
|Caption||L.D. Caulk Co. Synthetic Crown Forms|
|Provenance||Used by Dr. H. Trendley Dean (1893-1962), the first dental scientist a the National Institute of Health (1931-1953). He was most known for his studies of mottled teeth, fluoride, and dental caries which resulted in the first city-wide addition of fluoride to drinking water in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 1945. He became the first director of the National Institute of Dental Research in 1948, where he remained until he retired.|
|Number of images||1|
|Organizations||NIH; NIDR (National Institute of Dental Research) (1948-1998)|
|NIH Property #||none|
|Old NIH Property #||none|
Dean, H. Trendley