|Object Name||Bottle, Medicine|
|Title||Ben Venue Laboratories, Inc. Berlex Laboratories Fludara (Fludarabine phosphate)|
Clear lucite cube with a vial of Fludara imbedded in it. Original cardboard boxes, white with blue stripes and black lettering.
99.0008.001.01 - Vial of Fludara in lucite block
99.0008.001.02 - Original cardboard box for five single doses
99.0008.001.03 - Original cardboard box for single dose
|Collection||Office of Technology Transfer|
|Caption||Ben Venue Laboratories, Inc. Berlex Laboratories Fludara (Fludarabine phosp|
|Provenance||Developed under license L-003-84/2 from NIH for treatment of chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL). NDC #50419-511-06. Composed of Fludarabine phosphate 50 mg, mannitol 50 mg, and sodium hydroxide to adjust pH to 7.7. Distributed by Berlex Laboratories (Richmond, CA 94806), manufactured by Ben Venue Laboratories. From NIH Office of Technology Transfer Information Sheet, September 2003: "The inventions were made by grantees of the National Cancer Institute, Drs. John A. Montgomery and Anita T. Shortnacy at the Southern Research Institute. They discovered the anti-leukemia activity of a fluorinated nucleotide analog of the antiviral agent vidarabine."|
|Other Name||Cancer Drug, Chemotherapeutic|
|Notes||Sheet 1234, Neg. 2|
|Number of images||1|
|Credit line||Berlex Laboratories|
NIH; NCI (National Cancer Institute)
Southern Research Institute
|NIH Property #||none|
|Old NIH Property #||none|
Shortnacy, Anita T.
Montgomery, John A.